MSFTextrememakeover

Monday, August 14, 2006

Microsoft's first Live killer app?

Interesting blog posting today by Phil Wainewright @ ZDNet:

He's blown away by the functionality of Microsoft's new Windows Live Writer:

The possibilities are endless — which is exactly what you want from a killer app. I think Microsoft has let the genie out of the bottle with this one.

As a newbie blogger, I thought perhaps I was the only one who thought that the editing tools on sites like Blogger sucked the big one. I can't recall how many times I ended up publishing a post, only to have to go back later and fix formatting mistakes that weren't obvious in the compose mode view. Apparently, I wasn't alone.

As fate would have it, I had already downloaded the Live Writer to see if it was an improvement. So far, I'd say it's a HUGE one and a major time saver. And yes, I used it to post this entry!

An overview of the functionality can be found here:

Kudos to the Microsoft team responsible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home